Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I claimed my mother last year since she stated that she was not getting a w2. However, she did get one after i had did my filing. what do we need to do?

I claimed my mother and sister since they where staying with me for 11 months in 2017. My mother was out of work due to back surgery. She was not expecting a W2, however, after i filed and completed my taxes.  my mother received a W2 int he mail.  Do we need to file it or what do we need to do? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

I claimed my mother last year since she stated that she was not getting a w2. However, she did get one after i had did my filing. what do we need to do?

No, you do not need to file nor do anything. 

For 2017, one of the requirements for claiming your mom as a dependent is that she cannot make more than 4100 in income.  Since she did not exceed the amount, she is still qualified.  No action is needed. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

What is the amount on W-2?

LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Please see answer below.
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

No, you do not need to file nor do anything. 

For 2017, one of the requirements for claiming your mom as a dependent is that she cannot make more than 4100 in income.  Since she did not exceed the amount, she is still qualified.  No action is needed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies