Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3 months yesterday since I filed my taxes, was accepted and had no errors. Anyone else not receiving their taxes even after doing all the right things?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

3 months yesterday since I filed my taxes, was accepted and had no errors. Anyone else not receiving their taxes even after doing all the right things?

Saying what is happening to your return at the IRS would be speculation. All you can do now is, wait. At least you know that the IRS has your filing. It does not matter who sent your form to them. That is the sole destination for federal tax returns. No one has discovered a way to make any tax agency speed up working on or sending out refunds. No one ever will because they are an overwhelmed, over worked, under funded and under staffed government bureaucracy. Eventually you will get the pay off of your no interest loan to the government. 21 days is just an educated/informed guess which should not be relied . Have you thought of paying just enough by estimates or withholding to avoid a penalty and let the government wait for your check?  

Check https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund   

@UBERVONNIKKI  I've got the exact same problem. I filed on March 4th and my return has still not been processed. How do you know you have "no errors" have you checked your tax transcipt on your IRS account and there are no "codes"?

There was/is a problem with certain returns where they fail to get released within the IRS's computer system. I learned this from two separate calls to the IRS as well as internet research. The returns  get "Received" but never move on to the next stage of "Processing". One hint this is happening is that your tax transcript for 2023 will show N/A.

An IRS agent told me to "wait 10 weeks from the filing date" and it should resolve itself. Another told me she was sending a request to the proper department to have my return "released for processing". All you will hear from TT is "it's out of their control" which is true but not helpful. 

Steps you can take assuming your problem is "return failed to process":

1. Call the IRS and ask them to process your return

2. Initiate a case with the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS)

3. Wait the full 10 weeks and see if it resolves on its own

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies