Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bburgett326
Returning Member

2021 TurboTax attempted to take there fees from my bank, i chose from my refund.

I filed in March.  I waited until after they updated the turbo tax stuff for the changes with unemployment.  The day they got everything updated I filed. I was quickly accepted,  but got a letter from the IRS on who to contact about my 1st Stimulus. I quickly contacted them and got the check pretty quick,  but now the IRS has to re calculate my refund.  To me seems easy to deduct $1200 and can it a day.  In the 1st week or so if June i got 1 email from TurboTax that my fees would be taken from my bank in 3 days.  I called and explained to them what was happening, they delayed 21 days and said to call Tax Advocates and they should have everything resolved by then.  I called and they said that normally they could,  but my return was just sitting in a part of the computer they couldn't do anything about because the computer wanted the math to be manually calculated and verified.  TurboTax's math, that is what needed to be checked.  Turned out the $1200 was simply just taken off. Just had to wait.  I told them about not having the money to pay the fees,  they told me TurboTax should understand and especially since nothing can be done and it isn't being held up for anything except someone to make sure TurboTax got all the new rules right on my return and it can't be expedited they should understand and hold off.  

I can TurboTax back,  they inform me that they can't give me any more time.  So I got a NSF fee. Then in July, I get another email telling me they are going to do it again.  I called again,  explained again and asked why it cost me more than $250 to get a $570 refund? I thought that I was being charged that money to ensure everything goes through smoothly.  What's the point in paying TurboTax that kind of money when I could have easily used a free tax service? I actually asked that question before I paid for it,  and was told about all the protection and defenses and tools and etc... I was paying for. So I asked if I could at least get another 21 day extension like last time,  was told no.  So my taxes were held up because TurboTax failed to inform me of steps to take before claiming a missed stimulus, I even told them I had already done the trace and paperwork to get another one.  Just haven't gotten it yet,  They told me it didn't matter,  go ahead and claim it and they will deduct it from your refund if the new check is printed when they are ready to send your refund.  They didn't tell me that it would cost me another $58, nor that since I already got the ball rolling on the missing check I did not claim it.  Can always amend it later if need be.  So why am I being charged for premium services,  then have to pay an extra $58 because TurboTax advised me, and because I took that advice the tax return took longer. There was no debt being deducted,  the IRS literally just wanted to check TurboTax's math. I will be asking i be reimbursed the $58, plus the basic return fee and half the schedule C fee. After all they not only didn't have my back in any way,  it was then I needed protection from.  It was their own fault my return took longer than normal.  If this isn't resolved then they will definitely be losing me and at least 6 other customers that are friends of mine who also spend  $200 to $300 a year and a few of them have be looking into viable alternatives to quit using all INTUIT products. So they can lose a few thousand bucks a year,  or do the right thing and only lose a little once. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2021 TurboTax attempted to take there fees from my bank, i chose from my refund.

Call TurboTax and file an appeal for the NSF to be reimbursed.  Make sure you get an incident number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies