Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Foodie517

2019 claimed disabled dependent

My fiance has been battling brain cancer for 7 years and had 2 tumers removed from her head and became partially paralyzed on left side of body and lost her job because of amount of time needed for treatment, now she's on SSID and watching her give up everything for something she had no controll over and believe me I always thought people that collected money from government had it easy , that's before I witnessed and saw first hand how little assistance they get and how far it goes, so I claimed her on my taxes in 2019  seeing that I pick up alot of cost associated with daily living like over counter meds, shampoo, deodorant , ext. Then giving her  the $500 credit so she can at least buy a laptop to keep in touch with dr.s and give her something when in hospital for months, then stimulus checks started going out and some of the people that could really use it the most that have suffered whole lives just to see that everyone else unemployed got extra $600 a week on top of there unemployment checks and giving $1,200 stimulus checks and hearing them complain there broke and being shielded from what it's really like living on half of that , If I amend my 2019 taxes and take her off can I get her the $2,400 in stimulus money she was told she didn't qualify for?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

2019 claimed disabled dependent

Yes.  She can use her SSID to file a return so she can prepare the Recovery Rebate Credit to recoup the 1st and 2nd stimulus.

This third stimulus plan has this one significant difference.  

• One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

If you have filed 2020 and included her, you will receive the Stimulus for her.  If you have not, she can prepare a return for 2020 using her SSID and the Recovery Rebate Credit document to claim the other two missed credits.  

Here is some more information about the new Stimulus plan:

The New American Rescue Plan

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies