how do I file for state extension for north carolina when due a refund

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me.  I just paid the 24.99 and e-filed my state return via TurboTax on my computer.  Does that mean the payment went to on my credit card I entered.  Or do I have to pay separately.  I am hoping it paid so I don't get a penalty.

Thanks in advance!

5 Comments

I am a little confused, you ask about a state extension when due a refund but then you say you already filed your state return with a payment.  If your state return that you e-filed has been accepted then your payment information did go through.  You can check your e-file status

How do I check my e-file status?

Sorry for the confusion. You are right. It should have read: “When I submitted my state tax return via E-File, did it make the payment then...or do I have to manually send in payment?”. I was hoping to not have a late penalty.

If you e-filed your return & it is accepted do not mail in a payment because your payment information was sent when you e-filed your return.  Even though the payment may not be deducted right away, you are still considered as paying on time since you e-filed on or before the due date (April 15, 2019)

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank you very much and sorry for confusion

Your welcome!  Glad to help