turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cdw2671
Returning Member

1095 problems

I can not get my 1095 because i"m recently divorced and ex wife is the policy holder. So Covered California will not help me. How do i get my 1095 now???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

1095 problems

Unfortunately, that's a legal issue now. Not a tax issue. I can only suggest you contact your divorce lawyer and let them handle it. For your ex to deny you information that federal law requires you to provide, is a criminal offense. More than likely a phone call from your lawyer will clear things up pretty quickly.

1095 problems

I habe my 1095-a and apron doing my taxes I was never asked for it this time I even back out and started over and still the second time it didn't ask for it now the firs wants theas and a 8962 I have no clue what that is this is why I pay you to do my taxes 

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

1095 problems

If you purchased insurance through the marketplace and received a 1095-A, that must still be reported on your return.This will calculate the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Follow these steps:

• Click on Deductions & Credits under Federal
  • Under the menu for Medical, click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  • Answer Yes indicating that you have the form to enter
  • Complete the information on the next screen to match your form and click continue
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies