turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax [bleep] Form

Hi Folks,

I have three annuities with New York Life which generate 1099-Rs. In each of these accounts, the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE Box is UNchecked.  Yet, Turbo Tax wants to call these accounts “Retirement Accounts” and to require a minimum distribution.  They are not “Retirement Accounts” according to New York Life.

It would be a lot easier for me to text you questions and, then, have you text me back whenever you can rather than waiting for a call-back. 

When I come back to continue my return, why do I have to always review my personal information?  This information does not change from day to day.

I believe that you should have a button on each screen labeled something like “Store and Continue Later.”  I realize that it stores immediately; but, as it is now, it has me going back each time that I sign in and checking to be sure that it did this the last time that I signed out.

Why do I always get the efile screen even though I haven’t decided if I want to use it?

You spelled my name, “Edward Earl Weir Ii.”  I am Edward Earl Weir the Second.  That is a roman numeral two (II).  It is two capital eyes. 

When I accessed the direct withdrawal from my checking account for my state taxes, it suggested that I use 4/30/2018 for the withdrawal date, which would have been a disaster.  I wanted to print out a copy to check my inputs before I efiled.  When I got ready to efile, I couldn’t get back to this screen.

It didn’t ask me about the fees for these various brokerage accounts.  There is a slight possibility that I may have been able to deduct them.

-Edward Earl Weir II,

[email address removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Turbo Tax [bleep] Form

Is this in TurboTax 2017? Online or CD version? For the 1099-R's, what's the code in box 7? I assume the code is the same for all of them.

For your other questions pertaining to the program, this is a public user-to-user forum and TTX support is rarely in here outside of tax filing season. I'm just another user like you, and can't answer for TTX's programming fiasco's. 🙂 I'm Carl the 3rd in my family and have been putting up with Carl Iii for over 10 years. Doesn't seem to bother the IRS as I still get my refunds in those years I have one coming.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies