turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax amendment for RSU

I've filed my tax this year, but need to do a tax amendment to correct my RSU cost basis. I have 2 questions below--

1. In TurboTax amendment--stock section, do I just enter the correct cost basis in "box 1e cost or other basis", or do I need to click "I'll enter additional info on my own" and go through the whole thing? But I don't even know where to find the info for my Accrued market discount, wash sale loss, etc.

2. If I only amend RSU, will the rest of my stocks show up on 1040X form? I see my ESPP also comes up on the list, but I didn't change anything on it. I don't want to confuse IRS.
Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Tax amendment for RSU

1.You would not change the cost basis in box 1e, but as you continued to I'll enter additional info on my own you'd enter the correct cost basis on the screen Let's get the rest of your info from your 1099-B. The information that you previously entered for wash sales, etc, should already pre-populate the boxes and you won't make any changes to them. Only to the cost basis.

2. The rest of your stock sales won't be changed on your Form 1040X, but you'll have to mail in all the forms that have changes resulting from the basis correction, like Schedule D and Form 8949.

Check over column B of  your Form 1040X, which shows all the items that were adjusted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Tax amendment for RSU

1.You would not change the cost basis in box 1e, but as you continued to I'll enter additional info on my own you'd enter the correct cost basis on the screen Let's get the rest of your info from your 1099-B. The information that you previously entered for wash sales, etc, should already pre-populate the boxes and you won't make any changes to them. Only to the cost basis.

2. The rest of your stock sales won't be changed on your Form 1040X, but you'll have to mail in all the forms that have changes resulting from the basis correction, like Schedule D and Form 8949.

Check over column B of  your Form 1040X, which shows all the items that were adjusted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies