RP
Visitor II

How can I see previous year's itemized deductions?

Hey all, I am using online self-employed, and tech support has not been able to help me. 

I simply want to see last year's itemizations.  All I can see are the $ totals for each category, but not the specific itemizations (e.g., under "supplies" last year I may have put "pencils", "paper", "staples", each for $25, but all I can see when doing this year's is that my total last year was $75, I can't see the individual items nor the individual costs, which isn't very helpful).

This seems like it should be super basic, but I was literally on the phone for an hour with someone who couldn't figure it out.

Please help!

3 Comments
Tax Expert

Do you mean the individual items you listed as expenses on a schedule C? If you entered each of those items separately with a description and an amount, you should see the detail on one of your schedule C supporting worksheets. Sign into your account (online versions) and save the 2016 pdf. Then scroll the document for the Schedule C worksheet.

RP
Visitor II

Yes, and I did download last year's tax return pdf, but it doesn't show the individual entries under a category, it just shows the category name and total $ for that category.  So if I listed 12 different things under the "Supplies" category last year (e.g. paper, a desk, pens, computer, etc), there doesn't seem to be anywhere to see those individual itemizations anymore.  I really need to see them.

Tax Expert

Shoot. I don't think you can get the detail if you didn't save a copy with the worksheets. Going forward, always save your TurboTax file with all the worksheets. The default is just the required forms/schedules. But why do you need the specific detail? Are you concerned about how much was claimed? Is the deduction being questioned?

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.