Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CharlieP
Returning Member

Form 2210 Waiver Explanation Statment

Under From 2210, Part II, I have Box A checked with the notation 85% Waiver.  My return was rejected with this explanation "If a penalty is present and a full or partial penalty waiver is requested, then on Form 2210, Part II, under Box B, click Explain to complete the required Waiver Explanation Statement."

I created the Waiver Explanation Statement as required, but the statement form was not included with Form 2210 when I electronically filed again.  The rejection reason was the same as before.

Is this a bug or am I required to paper file because I need the Waiver Explanation Statement. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
kolczyn

I am having the same problem.  Can this be resolved?

lewisbaum
Returning Member

it is a bug, but I called Intuit support and was able to get the issued resolved and my 3rd E-file attempt was successful.
The rep explained that while many may be having similar issues - the fix is different based on the individual.
In my case - when we reviewed the (via Step by Step) the Other Taxes section, under Penalties, the tax due brought in from the 2017 listed an amount, but since we paid a penalty in 2017, the 2017 liability should have shown as zero.  Once we changed that - the need for Form 2210 was removed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies