Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vlb

E-Filing Joke Is on Us

Does anybody really believe that the IRS won't let Turbo Tax users e-file more than 5 times using the software?  Intuit just wants to sell more software!  It isn't uncommon for families sharing software to need to do more than 5 returns and this definitely does not mean someone is being paid to do the tax returns.  In the past you could pay for additional e-filings.  Imagine my surprise when I completed my 6th return to find out that I couldn't e-file the return.  I wouldn't have bothered using Turbo Tax if I had known I was going to have to mail the paper return.  The joke is definitely on us, the users!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

E-Filing Joke Is on Us

It is not just TurboTax, TaxAct, H&R Block & any other individual software limits the e-file to 5.  The IRS limits the number of returns that can be completed and e-filed per individual to five (5) individual returns. ... If an individual wants to prepare and electronically file more than five (5) tax returns, the IRS requires that individual obtain an EFIN (Electronic Filing Identification Number). If you don't believe that you cannot e-file more than 5 returns, you should call the IRS.  

You can e-file more than 5 returns but you would need to purchase the professional series of TurboTax & you need to Authorized e file Provider.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/become-an-authorized-e-file-provider

E-Filing Joke Is on Us

The limit has been 5 for as long as I can remember and I have been using TT for 25 years
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies