turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File Transmission Technical Hiccup

Turbo tax will not allow me to e-file my federal return.  It keeps cancelling and saying there is a technical hiccup.  Any ideas what the source of the problem is and how to correct it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Have you tried clearing your cach/cookies and a using a different browser? If so and the issue persists contact support in the link below.

TurboTax Support

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My e-file problem was the same, only with the state.  I tried 10-12 times to get the program to submit the CA504 after giving out my personal information for payment and license ID.  Finally gave up in disgust and printed forms out, made out a check and transmitted by USPS. Not the most efficient way, but I suppose I at least saved the $24.99 extra charge (that should have been $19.99).  What I notice most about Turbotax is how they nickel and dime you once you have purchased their product.  Pay extra for the Deluxe ($59.99), for audit protection ($44.99), and whatever else.  In the end you could easily spend more than going to a legitimate tax filer who does it all for you. Just my opinion, of course, but there is no free lunch.

I had the same problem with the app installed on my computer.  Restarted my computer (Mac) and cleaned up cache and cookies (although I was filing through the app so I don't understand why cookies would interfere.

Turbo Tax showed I paid for the e transfer for the state, but still won't work.  

SAME PROBLEM! I've spent a lot of money over the years using this program and the ONE THING it's supposed to do- it does not do? What a piece of crap. I would expect your engineers to be ALL OVER THIS ISSUE???? No one from turbotax is responding to this???? Really? 

I PAID for the program, I PAID for electronic filing. 

This is the WORST customer experience I've EVER had.
EVER!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies