turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LG89

2016 tax returns

I don't understand at all why turbo tax will not let me view my 2016 taxes 

the one year I chose to use turbo tax and now I regret it.  H&R block lets you view your previous tax returns no charge, yet turbo tax charges $50 and says it'll take 75 days? are you kidding me? anyone else have this issue that got it worked out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

2016 tax returns

It does not take 75 days to view your past years returns in Turbo Tax.  Did you file with the Free Edition in 2016?  or did you use a paid version, if you used a paid version you should be able to see your past returns under previous years taxes, if you used the free edition you will have to pay 29.99 for the Plus so you can get a copy of your 2016 return.  Have you tried calling Turbo Tax representative to help you? Maybe you should download a copy of your return each year onto your own computer to always keep a record for yourself, therefore you would not have to ask anyone for them.  I always download my returns each year so I have access just in case I need them.

2016 tax returns

Correct, the 50 dollars / 75 days refers to trying to get a copy from the IRS. I agree I should of downloaded a copy, but no one ever thinks they need it until they do. They let you view it until October 31, why not January 31 since employers have until the 31 to deliver W2s?

The issue I have is TurboTax is holding your tax return hostage so they get you to file with them again next year.If you buy a song from iTunes and lose your phone/computer you can still access the content, you paid for it. If I give TurboTax 30 dollars to file my state tax return, I should be able to view it and print it for as long as I can remember my username and password, especially since its my personal information. The only thing this tactic does is make people stay away from TurboTax and run to HandR Block. It also generates bad word of mouth. I will try to do without previous taxes and if I need them I will pay 30 dollars, download the docs and never use or talk about TurboTax again unless its to save someone the trouble. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies