Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JohnyBeGood
Returning Member

Transferring Manually Entered Data From Last Year

Last year I downloaded my IRA Rollover account information. I want to use TurboTax 2018 now to estimate my 2018 tax liability. I  already transferred 2017 info. Now I need to update my estimated numbers in 2018 TT but there is no company/institution data there from 2017. These are the same accounts from last year.  And TT forces me to enter such data. Why won't TT transfer that data into 2018? I know next January I can transfer from Fidelity my actual numbers but I need to estimate my liability ahead of time to make sure I cover withholding.

I'm simply trying to get an estimated taxes owed using starting data from 2017. Then, I can make sure I have enough withholding. And doing it the easiest and fastest way.

Thanks

John Slate

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

More than likely the data provider (Fidelity I presume) has shut down the ability to import 2017 data as they prepare their systems for the 2018 tax filing season. Many of the 3rd party providers shut down electronic transfer on Oct 15th (the extension filing deadline) to prepare for the upcoming tax filing season, and it doesn't open until after the new year.

JohnyBeGood
Returning Member

I wasn't trying to download from Fidelity. Rather, I was hoping to transfer all that data from my 2017 return. It is all there but TT (I believe) does not transfer that info when it brings in the prior year's data. It copies in a lot though. Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies