TurboTax changed the numbers for no reason

I filed my taxes and it said I owed 0 for the state of Maine.  Today I went back into TT and it updated, then when I looked at my return it now says I owe $191 to the state of Maine. I changed nothing..... do I now I have to file and amendment and pay that amount???? wth???

3 Comments

Hello, did you get any answers to your problem?. I have a similar case, 2 days ago I prepared my taxes but didn't send them, at that point I owed the state of Oregon $85, today I logged back in my turbo tax and now it says that I owe the state $517, I to didn't change a thing in my return and as far as I know nothing changed in the last couple of days.

Same thing happened to me, filed state and fed 2 days ago, got a email today saying state was rejected and to fix error.

Logged into TT didn't see any error, only thing was my Oregon state refund dropped about $600 and it doesn't say why.

they should explain changes like this a little better imo.

LBK

Same here, suddenly owe 600 more to Oregon.