turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chanelt

2017 Tax Information (Amended)

I just received another W-2 that I must add to my 2017 Tax return. When will the programming be available to download the 2017 Tax return and file the 1040?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

2017 Tax Information (Amended)

The online version of TurboTax 2017 will never be available again. You will have to use the CD version which you install on your computer. But before you buy the CD, make sure you can download your .tax2017 file first, and place it in the documents\turbotax directory.  Just create the directory in your documents folder if necessary. As it stands now, I don't expect you to be able to access your .tax2017 file until early December, as the online version of TurboTax is in transition for the 2018 tax filing season.

You can get the CD at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/  If your .tax2017 file includes a state return, then after you install the CD you will need to start a mock tax return and purchase, download and install the state. Then, after getting all required updates and corrections to the program you can open your downloaded .tax2017 file.

If your .tax2017 file includes a state return and you attempt to open it before installing the state module, chances are high you will corrupt that .tax2017 file beyond recovery, and will have to download it again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies