Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tek360

I need to change information Turbo Tax generates and do not know how

Turbotax did not catch that I entered the first quarterly estimated tax payment twice. It was brought through from last years' tax and when I didn't see it I entered it in another portion of the program. I submitted my taxes. I received a notice from the NYS Dept of Finance that I underpaid around $40. I double checked Turbotax and found the error and corrected it. Now Turbotax says I owe a penalty of $4 however the state did not charge me that; they only charged me $0.31. I tried to fix this in Turbotax but it wouldn't take. Now I need to know how to fix this so it translates properly next year. Anyone know how I can do this? I went to forms and tried to override but it wouldn't do it. Turbotax also said I have to  resubmit my taxes but I do not. I had a discussion with the state dept of Finance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
libby826
Returning Member

I need to change information Turbo Tax generates and do not know how

hello on my taxes for dependents for 2015 the dependents was listed as daughter. 2016 one child listed as grandchild and the other two dependents is listed daughter. there are changes that has to be made and also i need to go into my history of all my taxes from 2015 up to now. I would like talk to someone as soon as possible I'm on hold now waiting to speak with someone about this and no answer I've been on hold for an half and hour still nothing. I called [phone number removed]. Please give me a call at [phone number removed]. Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies