turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Be prepared and make tax preparation a breeze! Imagine how beneficial and stress-free it would be to not rush around last minute gathering your tax info. You can begin by making a list of what's changed since last year and gather your supporting docu... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted December 12, 2023
The end of the year is more than just holidays, great food, and family! It’s also the perfect time to make smart money decisions, take action to reduce your tax liability and give yourself peace of mind! The following links are filled with tips and s... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted November 28, 2023
The side job gig is temporary so not much steady income. I lost my job in March 2024, but I still have the temporary side job gig before I start the new job next week that I am filing out for the 2023 W-4 and 2024 W-4 form for the onboarding process.... read more
jadaadams44 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 3m ago by JotikaT2
So, as the title states I'm a live-in provider which is exempt from federal taxes. My W2 has 0.00 in box 1 and 2, but my wages and deductions for SS/Medi-care are populated in the remaining boxes. Since there's a 0 value in box 1 I can't e-file. I've... read more
milladot ‎Posted April 13, 2021 | Latest post 38m ago by milehi99

Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee Michigan Schedule 1 Line 1

There is a number that is being populated in line 1 on Schedule 1 of the Michigan return does not match any numbers on my return or any sum of numbers. In trying to resolve the issue, I switched from "EasyStep" to "Forms" and found the number is pre-... read more
sgs112 ‎Posted March 25, 2024 | Latest post 51m ago by DawnC
Getting ripped off again with this bs. Will not be using turbo tax again .
deannaodle ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by VolvoGirl
Hello, Can someone please provide the Section 1256 gain / loss algorithm for the following transactions which happen within a calendar year? Investor sells a Section 1256 covered call contract which settles for the underlying secutiry (ie, not cash).... read more
MLP_Banana ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by MLP_Banana
When preparing our joint 2023 tax return in TT, I indicated that each of my wife and I made non-deductible IRA contributions of $7500 each for 2023, thus increasing our basis. Unfortunately, I just discovered that her contribution never went through,... read more
AdamBATL ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by dmertz
The instructions on the Turbotax summary page for my Colorado state tax return says "Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the Colorado Department of Revenue already has your return." I wasn't asked to pay a fee... read more
dlaing1 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by DoninGA
BigDonS ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by VolvoGirl
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies