cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Hello, I am concern to see this : Box 14 - Code NY Nonoccupational Disability Fund tax, in what I imported. I do not see this in my actual w2 nor I am disabled.

What do I about this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Employee Tax Expert

Hello, I am concern to see this : Box 14 - Code NY Nonoccupational Disability Fund tax, in what I imported. I do not see this in my actual w2 nor I am disabled.

What you are seeing is the NY SDI (State Disability Insurance) deduction.  The State of New York requires all employers to purchase disability insurance, and each employee pays a small portion of the cost.  It is not stating that you are disabled, but establishing a fund for any employees who become disabled by an illness or injury that occurs off the clock, or becomes disabled due to pregnancy. 

It is included in your W-2 in Box 14 because it may be deductible as a state and local tax, if you itemize your deductions on Schedule A.

3 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

What you are seeing is the NY SDI (State Disability Insurance) deduction.  The State of New York requires all employers to purchase disability insurance, and each employee pays a small portion of the cost.  It is not stating that you are disabled, but establishing a fund for any employees who become disabled by an illness or injury that occurs off the clock, or becomes disabled due to pregnancy. 

It is included in your W-2 in Box 14 because it may be deductible as a state and local tax, if you itemize your deductions on Schedule A.

Level 20

As to why it is on the W-2 downloaded from turbotax (via a third party payroll provider) but not your printed W-2, you would have to check with HR.
Level 1

Do you think it is necessary to let them know? Thank you for your prompt and helpful response.