Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Hi - I've been using TurboTax for years. I'm a US Citizen, Spanish tax resident. My income is entirely from US sources. The income consists of an IRA distribution (1099-R), US bank interest (1099-INT) and US investment company dividends (1099-DIV). I... read more
Robbie V ‎Posted October 6, 2023 | Latest post 2m ago by jlf_spain
Received more than 100k from non US parent, some gifts are higher and some are lower than $5k. If the table in 54 (a), (b), (c) is only for gifts above $5k, the total FMV in (c) will not include the all gifts. Correct? Should I enter the total amount... read more
Diegos ‎Posted 44m ago
This is the first year our state of Arkansas has the provision for a partnership to use the PTET form. I am new to this, and was wondering if it would be beneficial or not for our LLC. It made me wonder if this PTET is for each partner's share of inc... read more
danielle-51 ‎Posted March 12, 2023 | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
The City of LA hit me with a 'late fee' notice. I discontinued my DBA. Also, my royalty income is with companies that are out of state (Tunecore and Sound Exchange). So, is this right? Should I be owing localized taxes?
DIY_Tax_Person ‎Posted yesterday
Hello experts, For the 2023 tax year I was liable to pay income taxes in another country (Denmark) on a portion of my income, even though all my income comes from a US company. This is due to how Denmark taxes stock awards that are granted while work... read more
peric_danijela ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
2d30924e4840 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
Here's my situation:I am a resident alien living in the U.S.My spouse is a non-resident alien residing in China with an ITIN.Our child born in US, who has a U.S. SSN, has spent most of the year outside the U.S. with her mother. My questions are:Can I... read more
gangqu9319 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by NCperson
TurboTax is asking: Do you have a 2021 carryback adjustment? How do I know if I have one and where would I look? Thank you
hellotax1111 ‎Posted March 27, 2023 | Latest post yesterday by NotAHappyUser
According to IRS Publication 523 page 9, new roof is included in the Examples of Improvements That Increase Basis. But when googling there are many experts who answered "No". Why is it different, and does it have anything to do with whether it is a r... read more
Sdong258 ‎Posted April 3, 2022 | Latest post yesterday by pk
My daughter recently graduated and each year she received a 1098-E and 1098-T. Being she graduated, she will no longer be receiving a 1098-T. Her Federal loans are coming due so she will need to start paying on those too. Current payments are to Sall... read more
shawnMsrm ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by rjs
When sending money to my parents abroad via Western Union, should I label it as a GIFT or family support/living expenses as purpose of transfer? I'm unsure because I'm contributing to building their house, and the amounts are larger than usual. Also,... read more
Gemani ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by pk
As a J-1 visa holder in the U.S., I received a stipend from a U.S. scholarship. Initially, I filed my taxes as a Non-Resident. This year, I became a Resident for tax purposes after meeting the Substantial Presence Test (SPT), prompting me to switch f... read more
malmukhtar ‎Posted April 11, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by Brian292
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies