Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State tax filing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I would like to confirm the filing requirements for the following scenarios:1) Living and working fully remote in VA for a MD based employer. I would only have to file for VA, nothing needs to be filed for MD, correct?2) Living and working fully remo... read more
snga639050 ‎Posted 7 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by NCperson
I lived in both New York and Florida during 2023 the TurboTax only allows me to add New York for sales tax purposes. When I click add location it only allows me to add a different location within new york. How do I add Florida to get sales tax deduct... read more
Carey99 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 8 hours ago by xmasbaby0
The amount reported as withheld from 1099 is identical to income tax withheld. The amount should be 0!236 223
antibody9 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by VolvoGirl
All,After almost 10 weeks I get a letter from Oregon saying we need your W-2 and 1099s.So, let me think about this. The federal and state tax was checked by TT and it passed just fine. How did the entries get lost?I scanned all my materials and creat... read more
Bad-Robot ‎Posted Friday | Latest post yesterday by Bad-Robot
I have a refund due from NYS and I want to apply it to next year's return. I cannot find the place to enter this.
classics83 ‎Posted February 25, 2022 | Latest post yesterday by karinm1971
Ver mi declaración de impuestos de 2021
mariahernandez04 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Friday by Bsch4477
e3748ba292da ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Friday by Bsch4477
I received a 601B REV 05/20 from NJ saying that I own 148.12, after I filed and paid NJ state income tax via TurboTax. This installment interest was charged because they said I did not make the required estimated payments. A few questions:1) Why didn... read more
Gustavo B ‎Posted Friday
I will also need to file in DC for the past two years, which I have not done, although I have had taxes taken out of my paycheck for DC. Will there be a penalty as well?
waldmannkate ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Thursday by Hal_Al
Hello! I accepted a new position as a financial consultant for a company that is headquartered in Massachusetts. I live in Washington State and was hired to mainly help clients on the West Coast. I have never been to MA and no plans to be there at al... read more
Smiles and Joy ‎Posted March 2, 2022 | Latest post Wednesday by TomD8
For various reasons and after careful thought, I have decided to close down a NY State 529 plan account I have for my child. I have been funding it from 2008 to 2021 for the full amount ($10,000) each year to benefit from the NY state tax deduction (... read more
dyons ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Wednesday by dyons
I started new job within the company (located in LOUISIANA) that I have been at for 20 yrs. The job that I am now assigned to is in Ohio. I do not physically work in Ohio, I work out of the corp office in Louisiana. How would I file state taxes and f... read more
J--T ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Wednesday by TomD8
I live in Virginia but I own a home in Washington DC. I have wages sourced to Virginia and some interest and dividend income.Do I have to file a resident return in both states, tax all of my income in both states?Do I get a tax credit for income taxe... read more
CPAQueen ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Wednesday by TomD8
I currently work and paid in WV and have a second home in South Carolina. Can i change residency to SC while drawing a paycheck from WV. Do i file taxes in WV or SC? Tax wise, which state would be beneficial to file in?Also, which is better regarding... read more
rjodonnell ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Wednesday by TomD8
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies