Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if I received two 1099’s for the same freelance job? (One was from hiring client or payee, one was from my payment software)

I use HoneyBook to capture payments and manage my freelance creative projects. HoneyBook already sends me a 1099 for all payments processed on their platform, but the paying clients will also send me a 1099 for each job, essentially doubling the reported income. How do I make sure I only pay the correct taxes for a job that there are two 1099’s for? (One from HoneyBook, one from the paying client)
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What do I do if I received two 1099’s for the same freelance job? (One was from hiring client or payee, one was from my payment software)

You should only report so the income is not duplicated, regardless.

However, you should contact one of the issuers (the appropriate one) and try to convince them to send you (and the IRS) a corrected 1099 in order to prevent a mismatch. The worst case scenario, probably, is that you will have to respond to a letter from the IRS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should only report so the income is not duplicated, regardless.

However, you should contact one of the issuers (the appropriate one) and try to convince them to send you (and the IRS) a corrected 1099 in order to prevent a mismatch. The worst case scenario, probably, is that you will have to respond to a letter from the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies