turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Eugenia80

Went from W2 to Starting a Small Business

I went from having a W2 to possibly 3 to 4 1099's in the 2021 tax year plus I am receiving unemployment and I took my assets from any 457B and retirement plans. Keep in mind everything I received was taxed before I got any money. I also have a ton of expenses that I can claim against also well such as travel, car expenses, gas, rent, utilities, supplies, internet and website hosting etc.... Based on all of this am I covered in terms of everything that I need to get a return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
OpeA1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, it seems you are covered! Grab hold the 1099s, the W-2 and all those expenses and enter them into Turbo Tax and you are ready to file your return with confidence!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
conniem123
Employee Tax Expert

Your refund will depend on your taxable income (which includes wages and profit/loss from your business), your tax, and then any credits, withholdings, and estimated payments you make for 2021.

If your credits, withholdings, and estimated payments are greater than your tax, you will receive a refund.

Keep track of your business expenses, and receipts, to prepare your Schedule C when you file your tax return.

Generally, a business expense must be ordinary and necessary to qualify for a deduction. Some common deductions can include communication costs, office supplies, licenses or permits, mileage, advertising costs, professional fees, liability insurance, banking fees, and health care premiums. 

What self-employed expenses can I deduct?

Hope you find this information helpful!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies