Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Used eventbrite to collect payments for a high school reuinion but used my personal SSN, received 1099-k

Hi,

I used eventbrite to simplify the collection of $ for a high school reunion but used my own SSN so now I received a 1099-k.  How do I go about reporting this without having to pay business tax on it?  There is an option for adjusting the amount down on the 1099k in turbotax by assigning it to personal payments.  Should I use that? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Used eventbrite to collect payments for a high school reuinion but used my personal SSN, received 1099-k

No, there's a more appropriate place to enter this. With TurboTax Online open:

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses
  3. Select StartPick up where you left offReview/Edit or Work on other income, as appropriate
  4. Scroll down and select the dropdown to the right of Other Common Income
  5. Select  Start or Revisit to the right of Form 1099-K
  6. Answer  Yes to the question, Did you get a 1099-K?  (If you've already entered a Form 1099-K, select the Add a 1099-K box)
  7. Select  Type it in myself on the How would you like to enter your 1099-K? page, then select Continue
  8. On the  Which type of income your 1099-K is for screen, select Other, then select Continue
  9. On the  Your 1099-K is ready for review screen, enter all information from your 1099-K.  Check the box next to This amount in box 1a is too high or includes some personal transactions.
  10. In the box that generates, enter the amount that shouldn’t be included in your income
  11. Select  Continue
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies