Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1


I am doing language tutoring via Zoom and pay with Paypal for each session. Will I need to submit this? I plan to use this training for work. 

1 Reply
Donna F 77
Employee Tax Expert


If you are tutoring someone via Zoom and getting paid via Paypal, you would need to file a Schedule C with your personal tax return to claim your self-employment business income and expenses.  If you are being tutored by someone via Zoom and you pay them through Paypal, it is most likely not deductible for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings