Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Helen J

Taxes

• I started my business last year.  I bought supplies but did not have an EIN number till this year.  I filed as a business with turbo but did not right off anything.. Is this why I did not get my taxes for unemployment back or qualify for stimulus?
  • Can I still refile and claim them or change to a single.

I did not have a tax ID till this year and have not sold anything but have tons of write offs!  I can Still do this?  I have not separated this from my household accts.  Is this a problem?  Helen J

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Michele_H
Employee Tax Expert

Taxes

Hi @Helen J 

• Did you file as a self employed business?  If so you would have been able to write off start up expenses.   https://www.irs.gov/publications/p535
  • You can file an amended tax return if you would like to claim the start up the expenses.
  • What type of tax ID do you have is it for a sole proprietor, S-corp, Single member LLC or a partnership?  These are the deciding factors in what type of business return you should file.  As for the stimulus payments if you filed a 2020 tax return there was a question regarding the stimulus payments.  If you had not received any you would have seen a credit on line 30 of your tax return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies