turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

soulbytes

Subcontractor Tax Guideline Inquiry

Now that subcontractors qualify for stimulus relief and exceptional unemployment benefits, I am a bit confused on how to connect everything to one account. I was under the impression I was already linked through a partnering services only to learn that is not the case. Is there a way to connect your stimulus, tax refund, and unemployment compensation to one place and/or debit credit card like Credit Karma, GreenDot, Or PayPal? My return was accepted, but as an independent my physical location often changes when the jobs are made available elsewhere. 

Turbo Tax already took payment for services but I fail to see service when I inquire with them to speak to a live agent. 

H&R Block also has a confusing online chat system that apologizes for missing me when I click the live agent. Somehow I made a mint account when I set up my turbo tax account and also a Credit Karma. 

I am so frustrated with this! The COVID -19 Relief plan is confusing enough, let alone dealing with taxes with an automated system.

Is there a place I can have amend my taxes for me and get my refund soon after adding direct deposit info?

also, is there a way to amend my address? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Subcontractor Tax Guideline Inquiry

There is not a "one-stop" place to connect your stimulus, tax refund, and unemployment compensation to one place and/or debit credit card.  

Your tax refund will be sent to the account that you stipulated on your income tax return.

Your unemployment will go to the account that your state uses for unemployment payments. To change that account, you will go through your state unemployment department.

Your stimulus payment bank account information cannot be changed.

The bank account information in Get My Payment came from one of the following sources:

• Your 2020 tax return
  • Your 2019 tax return if your 2020 return was not processed when the IRS started issuing payments
  • Information you entered on your non-filer registration in 2020
  • Information you entered on Get My Payment in 2020
  • A federal agency that provides you benefits: This may include the Social Security Administration, Veteran Affairs, or the Railroad Retirement Boar

f your bank information is invalid or the account has been closed, the bank will return your payment to the IRS and they will mail it to you by check at the address they have on file.

If you used TurboTax to file your return, you can amend it when the amend function is available late in March.  It is advisable to wait until your return is processed before amending.  Amending to only change your bank deposit information will probably not affect the 2020 deposit, but may help to have a different bank account on file with them for future stimulus payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies