KonaColombia

Social Security

I plan to take a short-term (3-5 years) consulting job in Brazil and would like to continue to contribute to my SS&Medicare. The company has no affiliation with any U.S. entity. How can I report my income and continue to grow my SS credits? Can someone please advise how to go about this?

DanPaul02

Social Security

Unless you are gong to be working for US employer who is sending you to Brazil, you will pay to Brazil's social security system.  Before Brazil and US made this agreement, you might have had to pay to both the US and Brazil.   

DanPaul02

Social Security

KonaColombia

Social Security

Thanks a lot.