Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bushdl30
Returning Member

Schedule F capital asset, thinks I entered an estimated amount. I think the software has an error.

I have entered a Farm related capital asset (breeding cow) that I purchased for $1500. Everything goes as expected until the review section and it says I have entered an estimated amount. I triple checked the assets I entered and none are estimated. I looked at the forms I think I know which asset it is complaining about (not marked as estimated). I deleted it, ran the checker and it was OK. I reentered the asset, ran the checker and it complained again. I need help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Schedule F capital asset, thinks I entered an estimated amount. I think the software has an error.

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax token.  The token provides a sanitized version of your return.  We will be able to see the numbers but not any personal information such as your name, SSN, or address.  

If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

In TurboTax Online, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

In TurboTax CD/Download versions, go to the black panel on your screen and select Online. 

1. Scroll down and select Send tax file to Agent. 
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click send through this screen, and you will get a Token number. 

Reply to this thread with your Token number. 

We will then be able to see precisely what you are seeing, and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bushdl30
Returning Member

The Token number is :  1107954

there is one estimated number under the Mary Kay business of my wife for $500. that is correct as i am waiting on my wife for some numbers. That causes 2 issues.

The farm related asset problems causes 2 more issues to be found which should not be there.

Thanks.

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

I have reviewed your token and came up with a solution to clear the error.  To clear the figures are estimates error, follow these steps:

1. Click Forms in the upper right hand corner
  2. Scroll Down and highlight Scheduled F
  3. Click The Errors button in the top left corner
  4. Click Edit 
  5. Click Unmark as Estimated

This will clear the mark as estimated error.  Once you have reviewed and reentered the accurate numbers for the Schedule C, you will follow the same steps to clear as marked as estimated.

@bushdl30 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bushdl30
Returning Member

I followed your instructions but the button to Unmark as Estimated is grayed out and not active. I have cleared the other estimated value so this is the only error and I can not seem to fix it. I can find nothing that is marked as estimated.

bushdl30
Returning Member

an update - I made a few changes to my wife's business numbers, changed the value on an expense item on Schedule F. I saved the file and ran the checker on the return and the error seems to have gone away. I am at a loss as to why but it seems to be ok now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies