Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SC state tax website shows balance due that is slightly different than TT (Desktop)

Hi,  I filed my federal and state taxes electronically about a week ago.   I live in SC.   When I log into the SC state tax website it shows my balance as being ~$4.35 higher than what TT showed as what I owed.  Not a big deal but wondering if others have seen this type of discrepancy?   I know that the balance showing on the SC website doesn't include a past due/open balance since I checked the website prior to filing, and it showed a $1K credit which was the amount of my prepayment. 

Regards, 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

SC state tax website shows balance due that is slightly different than TT (Desktop)

Normally when a state makes a change to your tax return, they will issue a letter explaining why.  If you have not received a letter you can get in contact with the state.  Click here for their contact information.  

Another way to figure out why you owe an additional amount is to request a copy of the return from the state and compare it to your original filing to see where the difference is.  To request a copy you can complete Form SC506 to request copies of tax returns, tax account information, and/or transcripts for Individual Income Tax.    You can email, fax, or mail the form to the South Carolina Department of Revenue.  

[Edited 2/26/24 | 5:41PM PST ]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Normally when a state makes a change to your tax return, they will issue a letter explaining why.  If you have not received a letter you can get in contact with the state.  Click here for their contact information.  

Another way to figure out why you owe an additional amount is to request a copy of the return from the state and compare it to your original filing to see where the difference is.  To request a copy you can complete Form SC506 to request copies of tax returns, tax account information, and/or transcripts for Individual Income Tax.    You can email, fax, or mail the form to the South Carolina Department of Revenue.  

[Edited 2/26/24 | 5:41PM PST ]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies