Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wife received 1099-MISC for LLC she was asked to establish to receive payment for speech pathology. Where do I enter?

My wife is a speech pathologist and was asked by her agency to create an LLC in New Jersey to receive payments. We established the LLC last year and she received her 1099-MISC. Do I enter this info under our personal return in the “Business Income” section? Or, need to do anything special with this LLC info?

Also, I believe she paid ~$100 to establish the LLC.  I'm assuming I can deduct this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Wife received 1099-MISC for LLC she was asked to establish to receive payment for speech pathology. Where do I enter?

@MrBean wrote:

and to confirm: we don’t need to enter the LLC # anywhere in TurboTax?

@MrBean No, but if she has an EIN for the LLC, you can enter that number. Otherwise, enter her SSN.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@MrBean wrote:

Do I enter this info under our personal return in the “Business Income” section?

Yes, it is self-employment income, since she is treated essentially as a sole proprietor, and the income is entered on Schedule C (assuming the LLC is a single-member LLC for which no election to be taxed as a corporation was made).

@MrBean wrote:

Also, I believe she paid ~$100 to establish the LLC.  I'm assuming I can deduct this?

She can deduct that expense as Taxes and Licenses in the Other Common Business Expenses section as an organizational cost.

Thanks so much 

and to confirm: we don’t need to enter the LLC # anywhere in TurboTax?  I didn’t get a prompt to enter while inputting the 1099-misc

@MrBean wrote:

and to confirm: we don’t need to enter the LLC # anywhere in TurboTax?

@MrBean No, but if she has an EIN for the LLC, you can enter that number. Otherwise, enter her SSN.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies