turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wages reported

Hey guys. If my wages are finally showing up on SSA account as reported. Does that mean my tax return is finally processed? I’m self employed. Can’t see transcripts filed 2/11 still waiting. Was under review for all this time. Trying to find some hope 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

Wages reported

The wages on your SSA report come from what your employer reports as your wages to the social security administration. They send a copy of your W-2 and it is used to keep track of your income. It has nothing to do with the processing of your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wages reported

Ok. What if you’re self employed and the wages are reported? Doesn’t that come straight from the IRS? Meaning they are processing your return? 

JulieC14
Expert Alumni

Wages reported

As noted above, filing wage information to the SSA is separate and different from filing your income tax return.  A self employed business owner still needs to report all of your income and expenses (that will include wages) on your tax return.  If you are a sole proprietor or single member LLC, you will file your self employed income on your 1040 form on Schedule C.  

To check the status of a tax return filed, please see this link for more information:  How do I check my e-file status?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies