Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Foreign Independent Contractors-W8-BEN Form

What forms are associated with foreign independent contractors? I did have them complete a W8-BEN but am unsure if there are any other documents or forms I need to complete or possibly submit to the IRS or to the individual. The foreign IC does all of their business outside of the USA and is not a US citizen. 

Additionally, do I report payments for foreign IC in the same way or on the same form as my US based independent contractors when I go to deduct these payments as a business expense or is their a separate form or line for foreign IC payments. Thank you for clarifying!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JanetKT
Employee Tax Expert

Foreign Independent Contractors-W8-BEN Form

@jhellested 

So hope you are having a great Wednesday! You have a foreign contractor and you have correctly had them fill out Form W-8BEB that is great you are doing great! At year end you will not need to issue them a Form 1099. You will deduct the payments on your US return in the same manner as any other contractor. I like using the category of Outside Services when reporting contractor income, but you can be more detailed if you prefer.

Thanks for attending our live event.

Janet CPA

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies