Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jesnken1
Returning Member

Estate and Schedule K-1's

I have a question. Parents home was sold after they passed away, In the will, the sale of house was to be divided up by all the kids (8 in total).  But when the house was sold, the lawyers for the estate were not made aware of the distribution for the kids.  received a 1099-s from the lawyers, Should I give all remaining kids "beneficiaries"a schedule k1 for their share of the distribution of the sale of the house, and is so, what line on the k1 is the sale o the house. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Did each beneficiary (heir) receive a 1099-S for their share of the proceeds with their social security numbers listed as transferors? 

If you received a 1099-S with the entire proceeds from the sale, you could simply report that the share you were entitled to and then report the share of the other seven kids as nominees (i.e., subtract the total of their shares from the total reported solely to you).

jesnken1
Returning Member

Only the executors of the estate received a 1099-s (spouse and brother) were executors of the estate. 1 1099-s with both of their names on the 1099-s form. But the 1099-s has our address on it. Brother lives in Florida.

jesnken1
Returning Member

What line on K1 should I report my share of the sale of house

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies