Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

All About the Side Hustle

Hello!

So I've been trying to learn more about how to handle taxes for a side business, but I feel like I keep getting conflicting information! For example, one resource told me that it's necessary to file for a small business license (though I find it challenging to discern which business type I would file for) and another resource advised me to avoid filing for a business license if there aren't a lot of business costs, and then just file taxes annually...the second option didn't seem particularly legitimate to me.

Also, what would you say is the best affordable resource to learn about small business taxes and approaches? I've never had any schooling in business or entrepreneurship, and I often feel overwhelmed by all of the protocols that I know nothing about. Thank you for any guidance you can provide!!

Megan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
VincentL
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

All About the Side Hustle

Business formation is the decisions that need to be made when creating the structure of your business. Choosing between different business structures, such as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an LLC, a corporation, and a non-profit, will impact the future business decisions you'll make for your business.

Generally the Secretary of State, for the state you live in, has the information you need to answer your questions about business formation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies