Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-NEC Schedule C is not accepting number for deductions giving me review errors. I have both W-2 and 1099 for 2022. What to enter in Schedule C? Other looks correct.

The only fillable box is Schedule C. Others boxes are either gray or unifiable. I put total of deductibles and other numbers but it is not accepting anything and keep promoting that it needs review for correction before moving forward. Thanks for advice.   
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

1099-NEC Schedule C is not accepting number for deductions giving me review errors. I have both W-2 and 1099 for 2022. What to enter in Schedule C? Other looks correct.

Please clarify if you are entering income from Form 1099-NEC for Schedule C on your personal return or if you are preparing Form 1099-NEC to send to your business vendors.

Form 1099-NEC reports only income, not deductions. Schedule C expenses are typically entered under the related topic for Business Expenses in TurboTax Self-Employed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, 

Thanks for reply. I am attaching the screenshot below for the 1099-NEC screen on Turbo that I added under my income. It seems Turbotax thinks there is an error and not allowing me to complete my return submission.  For the Schedule C box I added the total allowable expenses numbers that I deducted, and even tried different numbers but it keeps popping up that I need to review and make correction/adjustments before the system will process it. Can you please advise if I am missing something here. Many thanks, 

File.jpg

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

There seems to be an issue with the TurboTax version that you are using.  Please provide clarifying information so that we may assist your situation.

Which version of TurboTax are you using? 
TurboTax Deluxe
TurboTax Premium
TurboTax Home and Business

TurboTax Self Employed

TurboTax Home and Business or TurboTax Self Employed are the versions that will allow you to claim business expenses on the return.  You may need to upgrade the TurboTax software that you are using.

Good Day!

I am using TurboTax Self Employed version. All looks good except the system keeps asking me to fix Schedule C before it wraps up the calculations and allow to finalize my return. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I will be happy to join someone live and share my screen so they can see, review and advise.

Many thanks,

Nia

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

The program is asking you to link the 1099-NEC to your schedule C.

In forms, hover over that line until it turns blue and left click so the arrow curves upward. 

Click the curved arrow (goto link form) 

Click on the name of your schedule C

OR 

Go to Step-By-Step 

See if the 1099-NEC is under Personal Income and go through the interview. 

Select your business for the link. 

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reply and step-by-step instructions. I followed both instructions and double and triple checked but did not help. I am not new and I have been filing my tax for the last 7 yrs using Turbo but this time with a 1099-NEC it is proofing challenging. I thoroughly looked again and again for all entries and everything seems to be in order but I continue to get the error message that to the system is missing some info before it can move it forward. The 1099-NEC I have received is slightly different from the one you shown below and does not include Schedule C section.  Thank you for your support. Schedule C.png

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Two suggestions may help clear your experience.  

1. Delete the Form 1099-NEC and enter the income directly on Schedule C as 'Other Self Employment Income'
  2. After deleting the form and before you enter the income on your Schedule C close your return, then use the instructions below to clear cache and cookies.  

It handles many issues that seem nonsensical on a regular basis. 

• Close your TurboTax return first.

Watch to be sure you are selecting 'all time' as example.  Do not use selections like 'last hour' for those browsers that give  you options.

Once this is complete open your return and select to enter your income. 

1. Search (upper right) type schedule c > Jump to... link
  2. Begin your entry and see the image below

@mohammadnia

Many thanks for the instructions. I followed everything you stated below but unfortunately the problem remains unchanged and it did not solve it. It seems to me now that there is a bigger issue with it. Can you please guide and advise what do I need to do here? I confirm I thoroughly follow the process and steps and everything seems to be ok from my end. And I have been doing my taxes using Turbo for the last 7 yrs.  

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Double-click in the box next to where it says 'Schedule C' and see if it'll link to your Schedule C.    When you entered the 1099-nec, you are asked to ''describe the reason''.   What did you put for the reason?  And on the next screen, you were asked about uncommon situations.  Did you select ''None of these apply''?   Or something else?    

Search for 1099-nec to go back and review your entries.   The screen after the uncommon situations question, will let you to link your form to whatever you used as a description.   See images below.  In my example, I used ''testing'' as the line of work.    I'll link the TurboTax phone number here if this doesn't work for you.  

Once the 1099-nec is linked to a Schedule C, the error will go away.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies