Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tennbelle
Returning Member

QuickBooks and TurboTax Self Employed Bundle

I have been a longtime customer of QuickBooks and TurboTax. For the last several years we have done the bundle with QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax Self-Employed, and I have never had any problems. I got started on our taxes a week or so ago, but it keeps telling me that I have to pay the full TT fee in order to file or print the documents.

I chatted with QB support via chat last week for over an hour. Last November, I changed the subscription payment from my Apple account to our new business bank account by cancelling the subscription in the AppStore and resubscribing online (did not change log in information when I did this). Nothing told me this would make it look like a new account to Intuit and that I wouldn't be eligible for a free tax filing for six months. I assured the representative that I had paid for it all year, and they escalated to another team. The final resolution was that when the Tax Checklist was available in QB, I would need to follow those steps, then export my information to TT, and everything would work the way it should.

I followed those steps yesterday, and it is still trying to charge me. I contacted QB support via chat again and was told that I could pay the $89 and then they would for sure refund me, or I could get a service code to enter in, but that would take 20 minutes. I requested a service code. The team it was escalated to requested a screen shot showing that I had paid at least three months of the subscription in the AppStore. I was unable to log into a file sharing service with information the rep provided, I so I had to allow a screen share with my computer so the rep could take a screenshot to send in. Almost 2 hours into the chat,  I was told that they were unable to issue a service code because the team wasn't accepting the information. The rep again said I would need to pay and then request a refund. I requested to speak to someone else, and the rep said that a supervisor would call me about 5 minutes after we ended the chat.

The supervisor called back....almost three hours later. She told me that I had an unsupported version of TurboTax (even though I selected the one that it said I had used last year when I had the same bundle) and would need to downgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed or Turbo-Tax Live. She said she would send me an email with all the information on the steps I needed to take and call me again tomorrow. I asked her when I could expect the email, and she said she would send it as soon as we ended the call. It is now 18 hours later, and I have received no email or phone call.

I went into TurboTax and cleared my return to start over, but I can't find anywhere where TT Self-Employed is an option. It only gives me Premium (still labeled as what I used last year but have been told is an unsupported version), Live Assisted, and Live Full Service. I am beyond frustrated by this. I’ve found free and lower cost alternatives to both QB and TT that will meet our needs, and I’m seriously ready to switch to those. I'm not about to pay again for a service I have already paid for. Literally nothing that has been told to me by support has happened, so why should I believe that I will get refunded if I pay it again?

I’m posting this in both the QB and TT forums in the hopes that someone who can actually resolve this will reach out to me. Otherwise, I guess my only option is to use the saved copies of the chats to try and get a refund from Apple and Intuit for the extra money I paid for the tax bundle since Intuit is refusing to provide the service even though I have proof that I paid for it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

QuickBooks and TurboTax Self Employed Bundle

I am also experiencing this same problem.

And I have not figured out how to contact the right person to resolve it.

I am going to cancel my Turbo Tax/ Quickbooks subscription bundle if it is not resolved.

It should not be this difficult to get attention/service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies