Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on LLC/SCorp Tax Returns

Have a question as I go through everything this is in regards to TurboTax Business 2019:

1- We started a multi-member (wife and I, both own 50% equal shares) LLC incorporated in Delaware (we live in NYC), we also elected to be treated as an S-Corp by the IRS. When I first start the return as an "S-Corp" in the program, it asks for the name of the S-Corporation name and the for the DBA name. Now the thing is we have three DBAs, should I just enter one of them here? should I enter all of them separated by a comma? Where can I enter more than one DBA? I dont see it anywhere in the program

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I first start the return as an "S-Corp" in the program, it asks for the name of the S-Corporation name and the for the DBA name. Now the thing is we have three DBA....

The DBA you enter in the program only gets transferred to the Information Worksheet (and, possibly, a state return, if required); it is not transferred to your 1120-S from the DBA line.

You can enter as many DBAs as you have (preferably separated by a comma, dash, or some other form of punctuation) so that the DBAs are transferred to the worksheet.

Generally, some states require registration when a company or individual is doing business in a name other than the company name or the name of the individual.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@Anonymous wrote:

When I first start the return as an "S-Corp" in the program, it asks for the name of the S-Corporation name and the for the DBA name. Now the thing is we have three DBA....

The DBA you enter in the program only gets transferred to the Information Worksheet (and, possibly, a state return, if required); it is not transferred to your 1120-S from the DBA line.

You can enter as many DBAs as you have (preferably separated by a comma, dash, or some other form of punctuation) so that the DBAs are transferred to the worksheet.

Generally, some states require registration when a company or individual is doing business in a name other than the company name or the name of the individual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks, I will be sure to separate each DBA using a comma.

Having said that I assume that all the expenses/income for all three DBAs are basically rolled up into the SCorp when I enter the information in the various screens (basically I enter total amounts for the SCorp since there is no separate income/expense breakout  for each DBA?) and that is how its reported?

@Anonymous wrote:

....(basically I enter total amounts for the SCorp since there is no separate income/expense breakout  for each DBA?) and that is how its reported?

Yes, that is how it is reported on the federal income tax return (Form 1120-S).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies