Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Payroll Protection Program (PPP) under the CARES Act

PPP sounds great because you get a loan for 2.5 months of payroll, and then it's forgiven if you don't let people go.  Has anyone tried to get one?  Our business has PT employees: $7.5k of payroll in 2020 Q1, but only $15k of payroll for all of 2019.  What will they use to determine how much can be borrowed/forgiven?  

They say your business has to have been affected by coronavirus?  What's the standard of affected?  I wonder if it's worth messing with the gov't red tape if your monthly payroll is only $2,500.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Here is a great webpage on the US Treasury website with detailed info on PPP: Assistance for Small Businesses

Some highlights:

You have to go through a bank or credit union that makes business loans.  My local bank said they're scrambling to deal with rules that are still being worked out and with an expected deluge of applications.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry but the since this Stimulus Package was just passed, it will take a little while for all the details on how it works to be published.  Here is a link to the IRS Updated Information on the Corona Virus

Here are a couple of links that may offer you some assistance for your business.

Small Business Help

Small Business Relief

Stay safe!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Here is a great webpage on the US Treasury website with detailed info on PPP: Assistance for Small Businesses

Some highlights:

You have to go through a bank or credit union that makes business loans.  My local bank said they're scrambling to deal with rules that are still being worked out and with an expected deluge of applications.  

a-helper

Intuit made a great tool to help you understand what government assistance you might be eligible for, and you can also calculate total loan amount and loan forgiveness amount. Intuit Aid Assist

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies