Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Overlapping 1099K and 1099NEC income

I'm a contractor employee (high school soccer referee). Some schools pay through our assigning web page's payment section and some pay directly, with check. I get a 1099K from the assigning webpage and 1099NEC from school districts that paid more than $600, for the year. Some of the schools that issue 1099NEC pay through the assigning webpage. That income is reported on both the 1099K and the 1099NEC. How do I enter the overlapping information so I am not reporting the income twice?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

There are a couple of choices, however I recommend you enter the income directly on the Schedule C, self employment section of your return.

It is not necessary to enter each document, but if you prefer to do that, then reduce the 1099-K amount by the amounts reported on the 1099-NECs. Keep good records of your total receipts for being a soccer referee so that you have them should you ever need to prove your actual income for this work.

If you already added the 1099s be sure to correct or delete the ones you need to so you are not duplicating your income.

You can use General Income or Other self employed income as the category for any income not entered in a document (1099-NEC/1099-K).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the information. I was not sure if the 1099s were reported to the government and all had to match. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies