Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Small Business LLC

How much do I need to pay in quarterly estimated taxes?

I have not started earning income do I need to file business taxes? 

When are the tax deadlines for LLC? 

I started a new business, how does that affect my taxes?

What’s the penalty if I don’t pay quarterly self-employment taxes?

Do I have to pay quarterly estimates to my state too

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SwapnaM
Employee Tax Expert

New Small Business LLC

Thanks for the Question @Kristin20 !!

What type of business/LLC have you started? If it is a sole proprietorship, then you need to file taxes for your business along with your personal return, due date APRIL 15th.  If it is partnership/Scorp LLC, then the due date is MArch 15th, unless extension filed.

How much do I need to pay in quarterly estimated taxes? In most cases, if you expect to owe $1,000 or more in taxes for the year even after withholding, you need to make quarterly payments to avoid a penalty. The estimated taxes to be paid depends on your income from all sources. You can use the Tax caster  Tool to help figuring it out.

TurboTax Help Article: Estimated Taxes: Common Questions 

I started a new business, how does that affect my taxes? Starting a new business

What’s the penalty if I don’t pay quarterly self-employment taxes? https://www.irs.gov/payments/underpayment-of-estimated-tax-by-individuals-penalty

Do I have to pay quarterly estimates to my state too? Each state has different amounts before you are required to pay state estimated tax on the income. If you do not make state estimated payments, you may be subject to interest and penalties for not paying the quarterly tax payments. 

Check the IRS' list of state's department of revenue sites to see your state's requirements. They should also tell you how to make tax payments.

If you don't see your state, reach out to your state's tax franchise board or department of revenue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies