Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

littlelady
Returning Member

MN Frontline Worker Pay - Income Allocations

Wisconsin resident that works in MN and received MN Frontline Worker pay.  When filling out the information in turbotax for MN under Income allocations, do I add the frontline worker pay about under the section that says enter the amount taxable to Minnesota along with Wages and Salaries (i.e. Gambling winning and "other income") and then under deductions that amount would be included under deductions?

If this is the case, I will then need to amend my taxes as in going back and reviewing my taxes, I did not include it in this section.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I am going to assume that you did add the Frontline Worker pay to federal as misc income as described here

When you went through MN, it shows all income and your mark the amount that was MN based. You should have marked the Frontline Worker income was MN based, although it is deducted again. Review your MN tax forms. Schedule M1M line 29 shows the frontline deduction you entered.

On the other hand, if you failed to include it income and also failed to take the deduction, the net tax is the same and there is no need to amend.

If you took the deduction without the addition, you should amend your MN state tax returns and pay the amount due. Follow the steps in I need to amend my state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
littlelady
Returning Member

Thank you for the response, it was very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies