Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to file my state refund section on my taxes and now they are saying that I need a 1099-misc form what is this, why do I need it and how do I get one

I'm living in Arizona and all that this [removed] is giving me is from other states, or telling me that it's because of a law suit please some one out that might have an answer for me on this problem

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

I'm trying to file my state refund section on my taxes and now they are saying that I need a 1099-misc form what is this, why do I need it and how do I get one

It depends.  If you have a state refund in 2023, and you used itemized deductions on your 2022 tax return then you include any refund you received as income. The following will show you how to enter this in your tax return.  You do not need a 1099-MISC form for your entry.

1. Open your TurboTax return > Select Wages & Income > Scroll to Other Common Income > Select Refunds Received for State/Local Returns
  2. Continue to answer the questions to enter your refund (see the image below)

If you need additional assistance, please update here with a few more details and we can help you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies