Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally selected Self-Employed I do not have any self employment income I was fixing my rejected return so I can't clear and start over. How can I revert to free?

My return was rejected so when I was fixing the errors I mistakenly clicked on self employment income. When the system asked to upgrade to self employed I clicked through without thinking. I can't clear and start over because I have already submitted but need to downgrade because I don't need the self employed product. I would be wasting $89...is there any way to go back to the free product?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

I accidentally selected Self-Employed I do not have any self employment income I was fixing my rejected return so I can't clear and start over. How can I revert to free?

To downgrade, you will need to clear and start over.  For more information on this, please see this Help Article.  

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please post here for further assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was in the same predicament, however I found a loop hole!

Simply go to tools --> Delete a Tax Document --> and start deleting all your tax documents. 

Voila! Your numbers for both your Fed and State will eventually roll back to 0, and you can begin entering your information like you initally did!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies