Earthdancer

Hawaii GET & Venmo

After COVID, I started a part-time business as a personal assistant/girl Friday. I live in Hawaii and already had a General Excise Tax license. The family that I help pays me with checks, but I temperarily took over my friendʻs cleaning business for 2 weeks while she was on vacation. She paid me via Venmo. Can I just add those payments into my gross income when I file or do I have to do something different because it was payed through an app?

KochuK

Hawaii GET & Venmo

Hi Earthdancer, Thanks for the question.

You do not need to do something different. Payment received via an app is part of your gross income for your part time business as a personal assistant. Gross income includes cash, checks, 1099-K from Venmo etc. to be reported on Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business.

Hope the above helps.