`

FIRST TIME FILING TAX - FULL TIME STUDENT MARRIED WITH A NON ALIEN RESIDENT

I am filing for tax for the time in my life but there are some complications which are making me think twice. So i am a full time graduate student and I am working part-time as a Teaching Assistant on campus. I drive Uber and Lyft part time as well. As the teaching, i am paid an hourly salary and 1-course fees is exempted. Now i have all the required forms from Uber, Lyft, W2 from my university and 1098T from my university as well. I paid for my tuition using the money i got from my father for some service i provided him in a foreign county during 2013 to 2017. The amount is around 16,000 USD and that how i paid some of my tuition.

Now comes the tricky part i am married and my wife is a non alien resident i have applied for her visa. So how should i go about filing the taxes. I have all the forms for income and education fees but how do I go about the 16,000. My total income with that 16,000 is around 21,000. The only tax i paid was withheld from my pay and other are the sales tax. I reside in Florida and any help is appreciated 

File separately

Yes i know i will be filing separately. But how to go about the 24,000 I got for services i did from 2013 to 2017. I got that money in 2018 for tution