lindamitchelltn1

CarryOver for Charitable Donations

In 2019, I listed a carryover of $46,000 in charitable donations but it should have been $74,000.  I am now filling in my 2020 taxes and I am wondering if I can correct this omission by adding it now or  do I need to file an amended 2019 return?

ColeenD3

CarryOver for Charitable Donations

You need to amend 2019. You must amend to correct previous errors.

Mrlefty0706

CarryOver for Charitable Donations

You need to file an amended 2019 return to carry this additional charitable donation forward to 2020.

lindamitchelltn1

CarryOver for Charitable Donations

Thank you for your response.  Before I amend the 2019 return, I am trying to figure out why the 2018 carryover did not populate the carryover field while the 2016 and 2017 fields are filled in.  I actually traced it back to 2018 where line 27A on Carryover worksheet was blank.  I am unsure of why it is blank as the information is listed in the TurboTax interview.  A large carryover deduction was taken in 2018 however it still seems like it should have been listed.  At this point, I am totally confused.  I don't know if I am right or I am overlooking some sort of calculation that TurboTax software has made.  Really need to speak with someone who can help me on this.