Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 Misc

Will there be a program fix coming to allow entry of 1099 misc. income to a business? I keep getting this error message. 

Error: "Form 1099-misc: a link to schedule c should not be linked when the mwp qualifying as difficulty of care payments exclusion box has been checked"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

1099 Misc

You are not required to enter a 1099-MISC specifically into your tax return as long as all the income is reported correctly.  You can delete your 1099-MISC Form from your return and re-enter the income.

To enter your income to your business in TurboTax Online you can follow these steps:

1. Within your return, click on Tax Tools in the black menu on the left side of the screen.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your form and click Delete.
  5. Under Federal in the black menu bar click Wages & Income to get back into your tax returns.
  6. Search for self employed income (use this exact phrase, don't add a hyphen) and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
  7. Answer Yes on the Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? screen
    • If you land on the Your 2022 self-employed work summary page, select Review next to the work you're adding income for
  8. Answer the questions on the following screens until you arrive at Let's enter the income for your work
  9. Scroll down to the Income section and click Add income for this work
  10. Choose Other self-employed income and Continue
  11. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1099 Misc

I'm getting the same error trying to link 1099MISC to Schedule F. Sounds like the same glitch TT found in recent update to TT Professional. How can I get around it? Or when will it be fixed?

bq5
Level 2

1099 Misc

Desktop version steps?  How about fixing the issue/bug at hand please?  

Seems odd users are being told to simply bypass tax forms such as 1099's. 

Note different TurboTax program management of personal income 1099-MISC vs. business income 1099-MISC (where the "do these apply questions" do not appear).

TurboTax Desktop Windows:  2/22 program update has installed a bug where 1099-MISC form is missing (thus unable to change), the difficulty of care payments exclusion box thereby causing Schedule C error: “Link to schedule c should not be linked when the MWP qualifying as difficulty of care payments exclusion box has been checked”.  This exclusion box was not selected prior (in error or otherwise). 

Regards.

mbg0222

1099 Misc

I am using the Mac version. There is no Tax Tools or black menu on the left side of the screen. Can you please provide a Mac-specific workaround? Better yet, can Intuit fast-track a bug fix for this? Thanks.

1099 Misc

How do I handle this error on turbotax desktop version? Is a fix coming?

1099 Misc

Given how common1099-Misc  forms are, wouldn't the better solution be for TurboTax to fix the bug in the software, rather than asking customers to use such a convoluted work around?

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

1099 Misc

To delete a specific form in TurboTax Desktop you can follow these steps:

1. Within your return, click on the Forms icon in the upper right of the screen to switch to Forms mode.
  2. Scroll down in the menu bar on the left and select your form.
  3. Click the Delete Form button at the bottom left of the preview screen.
  4. Confirm the deletion then click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right of the screen.
  5. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.

To re-enter a 1099-MISC in TurboTax Desktop see Where do I enter a 1099-MISC?

@JanR1 

@bq5 

@mbg0222 

@cuyoda 

1099 Misc

I'm unclear on how the suggested solution of providing instructions on how to delete a form offers any relevance to this issue. Issue is not that we don't know how to delete and restart a form

1099 Misc

I have entered information in the 1099-misc form.  when I go to "income from form 1099-misc under "wages & Income" it shows $0  WHY?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

1099 Misc

In which box of form 1099 Misc. was the income reported? and what kind of income is reported on the form?

Box 1: Rents

Box 2: Royalties

Box 3: Other income

For example, Rent income in box 1 will show on Schedule E. Also, Income in box 3 might be considered as Self employment income and it is reported on schedule C. 

For more information check: Where do I enter a 1099-MISC?

frazeyls

1099 Misc

There is a software error in population of the 1099 MISC.  My TT will not populate the "Income value" with a download from bank or by completing the interview.  Is this being fixed. 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

1099 Misc

To clarify, for what purpose was the Form 1099-MISC reported?

A Form 1099-MISC could be entered in any of these sections of your return, as it is used for different purposes and it depends on which boxes have entries. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies