Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

acarcach

1099-K from Poshmark sale of used goods

Since I'm only selling used goods how would I enter this? Poshmark sent me a 1099-K, but I don't have a business.  I thought sale of used goods, like yardsale items, weren't taxable.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Since you used a third-party payment processor to receive your income, you are required to report it.  You are also allowed to report the expenses of the items sold to a net income of $0.  You are not allowed to report a loss on the sale of personal items.

To report your 1099-K in TurboTax Online, you can follow these steps:

1.  Within your tax return using the magnifying glass icon, search for 1099-K and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
  2. When you get to the Choose which type of income your 1099-K is for screen select Personal item sales and Continue
  3. Enter the information from your 1099-K
  4. Click Done
  5. Go back to the Wages & Income screen and click Edit for Investments and Savings (1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-K, Crypto)
  6. Click Review for the 1099-K you entered and here you can enter the expenses and details for the items you sold
  7. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Since you used a third-party payment processor to receive your income, you are required to report it.  You are also allowed to report the expenses of the items sold to a net income of $0.  You are not allowed to report a loss on the sale of personal items.

To report your 1099-K in TurboTax Online, you can follow these steps:

1.  Within your tax return using the magnifying glass icon, search for 1099-K and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
  2. When you get to the Choose which type of income your 1099-K is for screen select Personal item sales and Continue
  3. Enter the information from your 1099-K
  4. Click Done
  5. Go back to the Wages & Income screen and click Edit for Investments and Savings (1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-K, Crypto)
  6. Click Review for the 1099-K you entered and here you can enter the expenses and details for the items you sold
  7. Proceed entering/reviewing your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies