Featured Discussion: Common Reasons You May Be in Debt

I am an emotional spontaneous spender!  I am overly generous with my family and friends.   I also love to gamble!   So staying away from the slot machines and not impulse buying is helping .   

@Loribollinger67   Good for you for recognizing the temptations that cause you to spend money needlessly and "acting as if you are rich."  

I would encourage you to think about the 'why' behind your emotional spending if you have not already done so. 

Best wishes! 

How can I keep credit cards, for credit building purposes and still manage debt? If possible.

Welcome, Chandab97,
Your question is one of my favorites as it allows me to share the credit card system I designed and use that:
1. helped build my credit score up to 815!
2. provides regular cash rewards and statement credits
3. pays me generous welcome bonuses for new credit cards I open 

I created a monthly spreadsheet to keep track of the credit cards I have, the charges I have made, and when payment is due. The most important action to take is to PAY CREDIT CARDS ON TIME EVERY MONTH.
It is also crucial to CREATE A BUDGET with each of the CATEGORIES you spend in and stick to it.

There are many more detailed suggestions on my blog. Please refer to posts about credit cards. I love to hear your comments. I hope my system helps you. Blog Posts about Credit Cards

Sincerely,
@Alison 
Debt Free Maven