cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Returning Member

Featured Discussion: Common Reasons You May Be in Debt

I am an emotional spontaneous spender!  I am overly generous with my family and friends.   I also love to gamble!   So staying away from the slot machines and not impulse buying is helping .   

Highlighted
Level 3

@Loribollinger67   Good for you for recognizing the temptations that cause you to spend money needlessly and "acting as if you are rich."  

I would encourage you to think about the 'why' behind your emotional spending if you have not already done so. 

Best wishes! 

Highlighted

How can I keep credit cards, for credit building purposes and still manage debt? If possible.

Highlighted
Level 3

Welcome, Chandab97,
Your question is one of my favorites as it allows me to share the credit card system I designed and use that:
1. helped build my credit score up to 815!
2. provides regular cash rewards and statement credits
3. pays me generous welcome bonuses for new credit cards I open 

I created a monthly spreadsheet to keep track of the credit cards I have, the charges I have made, and when payment is due. The most important action to take is to PAY CREDIT CARDS ON TIME EVERY MONTH.
It is also crucial to CREATE A BUDGET with each of the CATEGORIES you spend in and stick to it.

There are many more detailed suggestions on my blog. Please refer to posts about credit cards. I love to hear your comments. I hope my system helps you. Blog Posts about Credit Cards

Sincerely,
@Alison 
Debt Free Maven